Friday, December 31, 2010

Auld Lang Syne: Hello 2011


"For auld lang syne, my dear,
for auld lang syne,
we'll take a cup of kindness yet,
for auld lang syne."

Out with the old, in with the new. A lot is going to stay the same 2011, and a lot more is going to change. For me at least.

I'm going to start my life as a Navy wife (rhyme unintentional, but smiled upon). I only have 18 days until Jake leaves for boot camp. That's crazy. A while back I was thinking that it couldn't come soon enough, because I was ready to start a new chapter. Today, I can say that I'm getting nervous and antsy. Eighteen days just isn't that many. Don't get me wrong, I am so ready to start off fresh... I just don't know how I'll handle this Navy business yet.

On a good note, only 7 days until our one year anniversary! 2010 has been a great year in itself, all because I was lucky enough to marry the love of my life. This reminds me that I need to get cracking on Jake's gift. Shhhh.

I mentioned in a previous rambling that I had an idea for my NYE post. And I'm sure it's expected: Goals. Some are very unoriginal, but they are some goals I really want to stick to. Here's to hoping!




o      Lose some weight/get in shape by the time Jake gets home from boot camp!
o      Lean how to sew using patterns! ((Make my own clothes!)).
o      Fit into skinny jeans.
o      Stop eating out ((once a week at the most)).
o      Finish my story or start a new one.
o      Take pretty pictures.


Lose some weight/get in shape by the time Jake gets home from boot camp!/Fit into skinny jeans.


1 and 3 kind of go hand in hand, but I have to finish #1 before I can even dream about making #3 a reality. I have 2
months, and possibly a little longer to achieve my 1st goal. My mom and I have made plans to workout together at least 3
times a week. We're making it a competition :-)


Lean how to sew using patterns! ((Make my own clothes!)).


As for goal #2... I really love to shop and get new clothes. ModCloth has become one of my favorite clothing stores,
because they have so many different and original dresses/outfits. But they are so expensive! I want to be able to make my
own stuff. I already know how to sew. I just need to learn to use patterns.


 Stop eating out ((once a week at the most)).


We spend way too much money eating out. It will be less, when Jake leaves, but still... it's a waste of money and it conflicts
with goals 1 and 3.


 Finish my story or start a new one.


A couple of years ago I started a story on MySpace. It wasn't very good, but it was a creative outlet. I love to read, and
writing my own story felt awesome. I want to get back into that, even if no one will ever read it.


Take pretty pictures.


Another creative outlet... photography. I am no professional by any means, but taking pretty pictures makes me happy. I
get inspired by flickr and wish that I could take pictures half as good as some of the photographers on there. Practice can't
hurt.

I could add to this list, but then I'd have to think, and right now I have a headache from hell.
I've been sick since the 23rd, as you know. But the day before yesterday it went from the sniffles to stomach bug. I even
had to call off of work today. That was the first time in over a year. I'm feeling a little better now, and I seem to be keeping
everything down... so that's good news. I hope tomorrow I feel completely better, because I have to open. Hopefully it won't
be too busy, being a holiday and all.

Well, adieu to you and to this year. Happy 2011!

xoxoxoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment