Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day One

Last night I took Jake to the hotel. I didn't cry. I got a little teary eyed though. He called me before he went to bed, too. I went to bed around 1am and woke up at 2:45 freaked the 'eff out! First of all, I remembered that he wasn't there. Second, the power had completely gone off in a surge. Apparently the loud noise was what had woken me up. Even our clock that glows was off. Guess it's time to change the batteries. I went back to sleep and got another call from him before he left at 4:30ish! I feel so bad for him though :-( He didn't get any sleep two nights in a row. He told me that his roommate came bursting into the room at 11:30, and woke him up. Then he couldn't fall back asleep. I bet he's exhausted today, my poor baby!

Kept myself busy today. Well, mostly. I got up, at breakfast and took a shower. Played on my computer a lot longer than I should have ((but that isn't new)). Actually went grocery shopping before 1 o'clock. Bought a new book that I've been waiting for... Awakened ((from the House of Night series)). Made myself lunch. Salmon with lemon, basil, and dill on top of brown rice. It was pretty much amazing :-) I started reading my book and my father-in-law texted me to see if I wanted to go to my brother-in-law's wrestling meet ((I have 3 BILs and 1 SIL. The youngest BIL, and my SIL are both in middle school)). So I went. He lost his match, and was pretty upset... but I was happy for the company. Then we went to their house  for dinner. Meatball subs! And now I'm home getting ready to read, cuddling with my cat, Dante. Waiting on Jake to call with his scripted arrival speech. End of Day 1.

xoxoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment